Monday, February 15, 2010

I'm Always Looking for a Good Excuse to Open A Can of Sweetened Condensed Milk

This week's excuse:  These are growing in my front yard!

Why not celebrate with some Lime Pie.  I can't very well call it Key Lime Pie, because I used normal limes.  It was yummy, and today I am EXTREMELY proud of myself that I have not touched it. It is still covered and half-eaten, tempting me in the fridge.  I am not including a picture.  I don't want anyone who is trying to be good to suffer.

Just combine and mix well:

5 beaten egg yolks
1 can sweetened condensed milk 
1/2 cup key lime juice

Pour into a prepared 9 inch graham cracker crust and bake at 375 for 15 minutes.  Cool.  Top with whipped cream if the above mentioned ingredients don't provide enough calories for you.

Easy.

9 comments:

Emilie said...

ooooh yummy. i'm tempted. i'll make it someday soon.

Jenny said...

I love Keylime pie! I will have to give this one a try. It sounds simple enough. Enjoy the tulips. I guess I better head out to my yard and start looking:).

kate said...

that sounds like tonight's dessert to me. (i even have some limes that are fading fast. . .) thanks lisa!

Jo, a retired teacher said...

Sounds delicious and easy. Maybe I'll have to give it a try.

By the way, why do limes deteriorate so quickly? Lemons last lots longer (cool alliteration huh).

Natalie said...

I jealous about what's growing in your yard and the pie. Up here is feels like it is still the first part of December with no spring in sight. BOO!

Amy said...

yum! And, I think that sounds like a great excuse!:)

I love how fun of a mom you are...Logan is growing up with the best!:)

Mama Janet said...

You sugar addict! Spring is finally coming!

kate said...

just wanted to let you know i made this pie for our EQ dinner last night and it was a big hit. yum yum yum! i also made one just for us and i think i'll go have another slice. . . thanks lisa! you are so awesome. how fun that i can get a recipe from you across the country and feel like it was just yesterday we were roommates. :)

Easy Lifestyles said...

Very Nice. Stop by sometime

Blog Archive