Monday, January 24, 2011

Things that Would Never Fly in the U.S., and Other Fun Details About our Trip to Central America

Topher and I just returned from a wonderful cruise aboard the Norwegian Spirit.
One of the highlights was no doubt the late night chocolate buffet.  You would think I could stay awake in anticipation, but I couldn't.  Topher had to drag me out of bed, after I fell asleep at 7:30 pm.  I'm glad he did.  Yum.
Sleepy eyed in a long line awaiting chocolately deliciousness!
This in Antonio Mario.  He sold us some great hammocks, much to his delight, and ours.
This is me in Honduras sipping the best pina colada that I have ever tasted!
Another highlight was our trip to a little monkey zoo of sorts (Honduras).  They took us right in the cages with the animals.  This parrot bit Topher.  


These little capuchan monkeys were so cute!  We played with them in their cages and fed them sunflower seeds.



We took this pic in the cage with this beautiful toucan.


This is Topher getting attacked by iguanas!  Okay, it wasn't really an attack.  This was an iguana refuge, and they apparently liked him, because they all surrounded him for some attention. I was not so bold.

These were supposed to be for the fish to eat...
Well, you get the point.
This is us right before heading off to our cave tubing adventure in Belize.  
More coconut.  Yum.
Walking on the beach in Costa Maya, MX.
This is us before a show on the ship.
On our way to another fabulous dinner!
Bye bye, cruise.  Until next time...

16 comments:

Emilie said...

Hey skinny :) How fun!! What a great place to spend time in January! Looks like a blast.

Marissa said...

You look fabulous! Next time we leave all the babies with your mom and go on a cruise together! Miss you and love you!

Jo, a retired teacher said...

Looks like a fun cruise with interesting excursions!

What "things would never fly in the U.S.?" Were there some more interesting tidbits you forgot to include?
That's the same thing I thought when I was in Venice and saw that all the canal walkways had no rails. Not in the U.S.

Christy said...

What a blast. That crystal clean blue water looks so inviting! Glad you had a good time.

Teacher Mama said...

Jo, I guess I didn't make that clear. I just meant the parrots and monkeys. Can you imagine visiting a zoo here, and the zookeeper allowing you to enter the cage with the animals? We were amazed. It was really fun.

Rebecca and Nick said...

No way..... chocolate buffet?!?! Get me on that cruise!! Looks like you two had a great time. You both look great!

Jo, a retired teacher said...

Thanks, kiddo. You're right.

I'm glad you had such a wonderful time.

The Dummers said...

What a fun trip!! Looks like you had an amazing time! The picture of the swarming iguanas is going to freak me out for a while, not gunna lie. :)

Alisa F. said...

Hey, you may not remember me - I'm Emilie's sister-in-law and I hope it's okay I check out your blog from time to time. We are actually considering doing a cruise and this one is the exact one we have been looking at. Did you like it? Would you recommend it? :) It looks WAY fun and makes me way excited to go!

Teacher Mama said...

Alisa - Yes, we loved it! The ports were our favorite of the cruises we have done. The Norwegian Spirit was a lovely ship.

Mama Janet said...

You two deserved that vacation together more than anyone I know. It was what the doctor ordered. Looks so fun!

Kim said...

Oh, How come I didn't know you guys were even gone? Looks like so much fun!

Mac and Margaret said...

Totally didn't know you had a blog! Trip looks like it was a blast though, I am way jealous!! I hope I can continue to stalk you now :-)

Scarlett said...

Cruises are the best! Looks like you had a blast. I agree with the whole chocolate buffet. That would be heaven for me. :)

Amy said...

how fun!! good for you guys for going to lots of exotic places. i dream of having your life someday.:) you look great too!

Tiffany J said...

Looks SO fun! I can't believe you got to go IN the cages at the zoo! SO cool! Those monkeys look like a lot of fun!! Glad you had a great trip!

Blog Archive