Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Blanky in the Bathtub

Morning Routine
  • Stockton wakes up and calls "Daddy! Daddy!", his universal term for both parents.
  • He picks up his blanky and empty bottle (loves to carry them around), and we head to the tub to play and read books.  
  • I make the same mistake every morning of setting his blanky in clear sight on the counter, while I undress him and put him in the tub.
  • After he gets in the tub, he points to his blanky and cries because he wants to hold it.  
After weeks of this, I finally gave him his blanky to hold in the tub.  I thought he'd see how uncomfortable it was to cuddle with a wet blanky. 
 
My plan didn't work.  He loved the blanky in the tub, and cried when I wouldn't let him carry it around the house soaking wet.

Cute little baby.  This morning I am going to try and convince you to leave your blanky in your bed.

3 comments:

kate said...

oh boy, we have some blanky lovers at our house and it is a national crisis if one goes missing. good for you for letting him try it in the tub, and sorry it didn't prove a deterrent. :)

Lilli said...

Atta boy!

Scarlett said...

Haha! My daughter has a blanket that she still sleeps with! These kids are so funny!

Blog Archive