Friday, September 26, 2008

How Do Small Boys Learn These Things?


1.  Picking up your legs and hanging when adults are holding both of your hands.
2.  Putting rocks in the back of a toy dump truck, "driving" them to a new location, and dumping them.
3.  Swinging on the bar that separates check out stands (often encroaching on the space of the neighboring cashier).
4.  Turning on a power drill and "fixing things".
5.  Putting on his daddy's shirts and shoes and clopping around the house.
6.  Tackling.
7.  Growling.
8.  Taking things apart.
9.  Locking and unlocking the car door (from the outside... he can find the right key on my chain).
10.  Saying "Why?".

9 comments:

kennyandkristin said...

I often wonder the same thing. Camden does some funny things and I am sure that we did not teach them to him. P.S. The shower was fun, I am sorry I had to leave early. I am glad I got some of your yummy salad before I left. We need to get together soon!

Jo, a retired teacher said...

It's in their genes. If you have any baby girls (a rarity in your family I know), you will have an entirely new set of innate traits and interests. Mark my words.

Melynn said...

I don't know, but my sisters swear that they did not teach their boys how to make car sounds and other such boy noises, and yet they just know how to do it.

Perschon Family said...

oh boy! you gotta love this age huh! he is getting so big!!!

Soap Blaster said...

I think that Nursery has taught Logan a couple of those things. He started saying "Why?" one day after church. I'm still not sure if he understands what it means, but he sure uses it at the right times.

He is a cute little buddy.

ls said...

seriously, i am amazed at the innate nature of little boys. they seem to be born with this magical sense of adventure and intrigue, and i love it so much. i am writing a post about it soon.

Lilli said...

Yea the why questions still haven't stopped and Grace is 3 1/2! It gets harder and harder not to just say "BECAUSE I SAID SO!" (A phrase I swore I would never say but do on occassion)

GregR said...

It's a miracle and it's been going on a long time ever since Adam and Eve, and after cars were invented. Before cars boys were figuring out how to catapult things by using tree branches. Many men children now do not learn this art. I believe Logan has the gene for everything.

Natalie said...

It's amazing! Boys come as boys and girls come as girls. I think they watch us more than we realize. Boys watch their daddys and girls watch their mommys. You sure have a cute little guy though.

Blog Archive