Thursday, October 2, 2008

$ Menu Opinions

If I choose to intoxicate my blood stream with sodium, fat, and preservatives, I don't like to spend a lot to do it.  I also end up with less of a stomach ache if I eat small portions of grease instead of large ones.  For anyone who cares, here is my take on fast food dollar menus.

Wendy's
-Best chicken sandwich.  
-Rip off!  They removed the small frosty.  You can get a child's size for $.50 though.  That is just about the right amount for me.
-Good nuggets.  Logan loves to dip them.
-Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger is a tasty option.  The lettuce always seems to be cold and crispy.

McDonalds (Does this one need an apostrophe?)
-The double cheeseburger is very tasty; however, it is dripping with grease.
-Spicy chicken is gross.  What exactly are the spices they use?  They are bright orange!  
-The fruit yogurt parfait is fabulous!  Give it a few minutes at room temperature before you eat it.  The strawberries need to defrost.

Burger King
-Definitely the king of burgers.  Whopper Jr. is the best $1 option.
-Yuck on the nuggets.  They are the shape of crowns (or chicken feet... I can never tell).
-Wraps are over-rated.  Again, why ruin the chicken with nasty bright orange spices?
-Best fries!  Lots of dip choices.

Arby's (How about here?)
-Please get on the bandwagon.  I do not want to buy 5 things to get a good deal.
-Best commercials.
-An interesting side note... when I was little I thought the Arby's hat was an upright fish.

There you have it.  Please add your likes and dislikes to the list.  Proofreading help would also be appreciated.

8 comments:

Andrea said...

I actually LOVE McDonald's Hot 'n' Spicy chicken sandwich from the dollar menu. It tops my dollar menu favorites list. I have to order a parfait to go with it, though, to tone down the spice.

Jo, a retired teacher said...

Valuable insights today. Next you'll need to tackle the Taco Time, Taco Bell, Del Taco menus.

(Yes, McDonald's does have an apostrophe--they all do--except Burger King of course.)

Of course I prefer the Dill Pickle potato chip for my levels of sodium, grease, and salt. Very difficult to find these days however, so I appreciate your assistance with fast food.

Perschon Family said...

you are so dang creative with your posts! i love it! I'm also a fan of the $ menus and rarely go to Arbys for the same reason you mentioned!

i honestly think you hit everything right on! i've gotten the wraps a couple times but the tortilla really doesn't make it all that much healthier and i agree that they are over rated!

And i'm with ya on the wierd shaped chicken nuggets and orange spices! what are they thinking???

I wish they had Burger King closer to us. That would be my choice each time! (I'm so sick of Wendy's since out here we have 2! Why 2 so close?)

Natalie said...

So funny! I really don't care for fast food much, which is a good thing because I live in the middle of no where now. If I do go out to any of the mentioned food places in your post, I always get the parfait at McDonald's. It's the only thing I like there. I don't mind Whoppers and if I'm with my husband, we get buy 5 things to get the good deal at Arby's. He'll eat all of them, talk about fat over load, I know. My favorite at Burger King is their strawberry shake. I felt like something strawberry once when I was pregnant and I was hooked from then on. Wendy's we have had a couple of bad experiences there with their chicken being cold and or frozen, so I aways get a baked potato or salad. They have by far the best salads. I used to love their chicken sandwich though.

em&m said...

We love Wendy's for their nuggets and fries and side salads - I don't like their flat square burgers.
Burger King - Yay Whopper Jr., Yuck chicken fries! Do not try them! They are awful!
Carl's Jr. has a GREAT $1 hamburger. It is big. Best value $1 burger - but everything else there is expensive.

ls said...

I say yes on apostrophes, but no on letting the parfait defrost before eating it. The only way I like eating one is if the fruit is still frozen enough that it isn't all mushy.

And I'm with you on Arby's being totally lame with the 5 for $5 thing. Why can't I just get one shake for one dollar? Seriously.

GregR said...

Yuck, Yuck Yuck, cluck, moo! Far from natural and all that jazz, but somtimes we have to just taste the junk and forget that you're body actually needs protien, vitamins and minerals.

Rebecca and Nick said...

The only thing at McDonalds that I can stand eating is the grilled chipotle chicken wrap. It's only $1.49. The parfaits are pretty good too though.

Blog Archive