Saturday, December 13, 2008

Another Bedtime Negotiation

My aunt with 6 kids has been giving me some parenting advice.  One of her great secrets is to teach her children to chew gum from a very young age.  She thinks it helps them be quiet in church.  We've tried this a few times with Logan.  He will now chew for about 30 seconds before swallowing.  He continually opens his mouth  to show us that it is still in there.  We haven't done chewing practice for weeks. 

Last night after bath, jammies, brushing, reading a story, and hugs:

Mama: "Logan, it is time to go night night."
Logan: (Starts gnashing his teeth...pause...thinking) "Piece of gum?  I'll chew it?"
Mama: Laughing hard (I always try very hard not to do this.  I know.  It reinforces.  Sorry, sometimes you can't help it!)

2 comments:

Soap Blaster said...

I can't believe how smart of a little guy he is. He is sure good at figuring out what works and what doesn't. I never imagined that he would be as communicative as he is at this age.

Mama Janet said...

Cute little buddy.

Blog Archive