Tuesday, October 20, 2009

By Request

Some of you have asked that I post the reasons why I didn't like Where the Wild Things Are.  To be clear, I think it would be a fine movie for adults to see.  I may have enjoyed it more if I hadn't seen it with Logan.  It was free from language/sex.  There were a few intense emotional scenes but no violence.  My main problem was that it was marketed as a children's movie, but it did not appeal to children.

Here it is in short:

1.  It was very gloomy.  There are very few laughs.
2.  The movie is about everyone's "issues".  Max and the Wild Things and everyone else all have "issues".
3.  Out of control behavior from children is presented as acceptable.
4.  There are some dark intense scenes that are frightening for young children.  We took Logan out for part of the movie.

If anyone has seen it and has an opinion to share, I would love to hear it.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I haven't seen it, but I have heard many parents not like the movie for the same reasons you listed.

Jenny said...

Thanks for the warning! It took me awhile to get linked to you blog but now I know where you are! I hope you are doing well. We love you all!

ls said...

i saw it with my mom and little sister, but left george home. i was glad i did. i don't think he would've gotten anything out of it except maybe nightmares :). and i actually didn't really love it for myself either. maybe because i have a hard time seeing sad little kids with issues? too many orphan memories or something.

Blog Archive