Monday, July 7, 2008

Burned Cookies and Disorganized Purses

When I was younger, I used to wonder why my mom burned cookies.  Why can't you just set a timer and get them out after 11 minutes?  I also was baffled at how she could lose her keys in her purse.  We would be in a rush to get somewhere, and and she wouldn't be able to find her keys.  She would send John and me running through the house searching for them until she finally hollered inside to tell us that she found them in her purse.  Why couldn't she just keep her purse organized? 

Hi Mom.  I'm sorry for criticizing.  Now I understand.

3 comments:

kennyandkristin said...

I totally agree. It is funny to actually be a parent now, I now understand my mother more.

Jo, a retired teacher said...

That's what we all say, "Just wait until you have kids." Or, "I hope you have a child just like you." Oddly enough, that often happens...genes are very powerful, and experience is an excellent teacher.

GregR said...

Yup...it's in your genes. Plus, if you didn't notice now that I'm older, I'm getting better at finding my keys and you're loosing them more. Remember when Grandma had a long cord on her keys hooked to her purse? I guess I'm probably going to get you one of those....

Blog Archive