Saturday, June 28, 2008

Girlfriends

I love my girlfriends. I am realizing more and more how much I need them. I have been blessed with some close loving friends who have sustained me during challenging times of my life. I love my college room mates. I love my neighbor across the street. I have dear sister-in-laws. I have the association of so many great women! There is something comforting about the phone calls, conversations, and notes that come from women who can celebrate your happy times, empathize with your pain, and laugh with you until you cry.



I met a friend in 7th grade who has remained close to me for almost 15 years now. Her name is Lilli. She wipes out my microwave for me when I'm not looking. She notices when I'm low on milk and brings me a gallon. She never asks me if I need help. She just shows up and helps me when she notices I need it. I remember when I was in ninth grade and I found out my family was moving, I was devastated. The thing I was most sad about was not attending school with Lilli anymore. One night my mom found me crying in my room and came in to comfort me. I told her how sad I was to move away from Lilli. She told me that friends like Lilli don't stop being your friend just because you are far away from them. She told me that friends like Lilli only come around a few times in your life, and they are there for good. It has turned out to be true. She is one of God's tender mercies in my life.

6 comments:

ls said...

Yay for Lilli!

And yay for sister-wives, too.

Andrea said...

Hey, Lisa. I love your blog. I hope you don't mind that I found my way to it from the Vassels. I noticed the link to Kim's blog on yours, but its for invited readers only. Would you mind sending her my info so I could check it out? andrea.fife@gmail.com

Ben said...

Love you too Lis! I hope you don't mind but I use you as an example in my young women lessons often, because you were (and still are) such a great example to me. Good times...

Emilie said...

Oops, that last one was me...sorry :) I'm sure Ben loves you in some way too... ha ha

GregR said...

THANK you for your love and chairty to Lisa. We need one another in good times, sad times, happy times, especially hard times. I love girl friends and family who start with "L" too. let's see there's...Lisa, Liz, Lilli, LMarissa! boys too Logan, Lliam, Little George, Lincoln, BIG Logan, LGreg, LMurry, LGrandpa, LBill, LSteve, LDoug, L'the others LJohn!
Love LLLMom!

Lillian said...

Lis, I love bringing you milk and cleaning out your microwave. For some reason I have no problem cleaning out other microwaves, pantrys, fridges...but my own, still haven't found the motivation to do my own! I am much more productive at your house than mine! :) Who knew that bus #365 would produce such an awesome and rare friendship. I love you and thank heaven every day for you!

Blog Archive