Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Oreo Cookies

While visiting with Topher's family a few weeks ago, his oldest brother complained about the fat content of Oreo cookies. They have 50 calories per cookie. Double stuff have 70 calories. It was beyond him how knowing this disturbing fact, we are all still eating them. I rarely do.

However, during these past few challenging weeks with family trials and such, I have found them to be a wonderful dietary staple. When I am under stress, I find it difficult to eat. There have been several days recently when I'd reach four or five p.m., and realize I'd fallen terribly short of my 2,000 calorie minimum. While I don't intend to make daily Oreo eating a habit, I have been so grateful that there is a food that delivers 50+ calories a bite.

Thanks goes out to Lilli for giving me a box of oreos and a ziplock bag of multi-vitamins. They have saved me.

9 comments:

Rebecca and Nick said...

2,000 calorie minimum? I try to go for the 2,000 calorie maximum! Lucky you to look so good while eating oreos. They are one of my weaknesses, when dipped in milk.

Jo, a retired teacher said...

Thanks Lisa, I would like to learn how to make my background as unique as yours. I appreciate your willingness to help.

As for blog music, I usually just have the sound off on my laptop, since there are other instances of...surprising sounds as I wander about the Internet.

Brenna said...

Mmmm, Oreos. I love'em too. I try to steer clear of them because I have ZERO self control when it comes to Oreos, and especially the doubled stuffed. If I bought a bag, I'm pretty sure I would eat it all in one day. Mmmmmmmmm.

kate said...

i just found out that double stuffed cost the same as regular oreos at my grocery store. how cool is that?! i'm sure you get fewer, but they are so much yummier! yay for comfort foods, sometimes that's exactly what we need.

Lilli said...

Indludge sweetie, induldge!

Frazier Family said...

Ya. Sadly we Afflecks know all about calories. It's usually a bad thing. I hope you are able to eat better. It's frustrating to not be feel good enough to eat...not eating usually makes you feel worse.

Rambling Woods said...

Forget to eat...I can almost remember back to those days. Now I wish I would forget to eat. Nice blog..

GregR said...

This is very disturbing to your Mom! Since I've been eating everything in site....nerves!
Be good to yourself and eat some broccoli and carrots.
Mom

MomJanet said...

What would your mama think?
Greg

Blog Archive