Thursday, June 5, 2008

Wardrobe

I always get rid of things I don't need.  I'm not attached to stuff.  I don't like clutter.  For the first time in my life I'm wishing I had kept some things that I got rid of.

Some dark day during pregnancy I decided my body was destroyed forever and I would never be able to wear my "skinny" clothes ever again.  I got rid of all single digit sizes in my moment of despair.  After many spinach salads and countless hours on my treadmill, I need them again. Round one of pregnancy, childbirth, and mommyhood has taught me an important lesson.  You need a closet with lots of sizes of clothes.  

Lucky for me, my dear friend just found out she is expecting twins.  We did a clothing swap yesterday.  I gave her my comfy forgiving shirts and maternity clothes.  She handed over her pre-pregnancy selection.  No money spent.  Maybe a couple of years from now we can swap them out again.    


9 comments:

kennyandkristin said...

Oh Lisa, how I wish I was having the same problem. I am starting to work out again but I am not in the routine. As for your friend that having twins....yeah for Marissa! I am soooo excited! Also, I am totally jealous that Kenny saw you guys the other day. He has all the fun!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Lisa! I know you have been working hard to get those last few pounds off!

GregR said...

Wow, you never cease to amaze me little girl. I think Marissa is a sweetheart.....
lv mom

ls said...

you and i have a lot of things in common, but this is not one of them.

i still wear pants that i bought in 9th grade. i can't seem to part with my worn-out boots that i wore at least 3 times a week all through high school. i have an obscene number of swimming suits because "you never know when you will want to wear a different one."

it's embarrassing, really. maybe when we move our clothes into our new closet you can come over and help me say goodbye to some of my stuff?

and if you ever need to borrow any clothes, no matter if you are skinny or pregnant, i am sure i have something that will fit :).

Harries Family said...

Good job!! I know that it sucks when you need skinny clothes. Adam was nice enough and let me buy new stuff but I still had lots skirts that were too big. I would complain every Sunday that I didn't have anything to wear. So the other day I got fed up with not having skirts I took several to a seamstress to take them all in. I can't wait to get them back.

kate said...

so i think you deserve a new outfit or two for all your hard work! what a great idea to swap though! i think after the next pregnancy i'll get rid of my not so small clothes so i'll have to excercise if i want to get dressed. :)

Brenna said...

My weight has fluctuated so much in the past 4 years; I think I must have 6 different sizes of clothes in my closet. Lucky for me I have a sister whose weight flucuates too, so we share:)

em&m said...

When i got to that pre-pregnancy size i found out I was pregnant again. problem solved!
Second time around I'm not in such a rush to get back to pre-pregnancy weight!

Andrea said...

Amen to the lots of sizes. I find that being a mom seems to mean a different size every other week.

Blog Archive