Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Tribute


I got a treasure on my birthday last week.  My sister-in-law wrote a beautiful tribute to me on her blog.  You can check it out on lifeupstream.blogspot.com.  I loved it so much, I thought I'd do one for my grandparents.  Today is their anniversary.  They have been married for 54 years.  I love them so deeply.  I have learned some great life lessons from them.  I could make this a very long post.  I wrote a lengthy journal entry about them and the impact they have had on my life.  I will share 10  tidbits here.

1.  Pray to see situations as they are, not as you perceive them to be.
2.  Family relationships are really important.  Preserve them.  People are more important than things.
3.  Serve others without expectations.
4.  Don't spend time worrying about things you are afraid of.  They probably won't happen.  
5.  Working hard feels good.
6.  Honor parents.
7.  Watermelon plants might grow in your stomach if you swallow the seeds.
8.  Hard things are okay.  Things work out.
9.  Express love.
10. Create a family environment that is comfortable and safe that people want to be part of.  

4 comments:

kate said...

wonderful advice. loved what you learned in college too. what cute relatives you have!

Frazier Family said...

I love you Lisa. I love being your sister. I can't believe you are being so positive and still posting on your blog during this tough time. You still haven't let me watch Gogan. We would love to come pick him up for the day ANYTIME you want/need. We love you and Topher. You are in our prayers and in our thoughts.

ls said...

I love those two so much. They truly are the most inspiring, beautiful couple. Thanks for posting this.

I love you, Lis. I had a thought yesterday that I wanted to talk to you about. I'll call you.

Tiffany J said...

Cute post lis. I love your grandpa. I have gotten to know him a little over family things through the years. He's so funny and I enjoy his friendly spirit. You do have great grandparents!

Blog Archive