Friday, March 14, 2008

100 Things About Me You May or May Not be Surprised to Know

My friend suggested I make a list of 100 things about myself. This is a work in progress. 

1. I have a strong will.
2. My hair is very obedient.
3. I never get tired of eating Hawaiian pizza.
4. I can't have sweets in my house because I can't stop eating them if they're around.
5. I love my family.
6. I have great fingernails.
7. I taught school in Fiji. It was very hard while I was there, but now it is one of the most treasured memories of my life.
8. I like listening to music that matches my mood.
9. Doing what I say I'm going to do is very important to me. I keep my commitments.
10. I deeply admire my younger brother. I have always looked up to him.
11. I rarely operate out of guilt or perceived feelings of obligation. I do what I think is right, and what I want to do.
12. I am very organized. I like knowing where everything is in my house.
13. I love teaching. I particularly like working with kids who struggle. I am good at helping them be successful.
14. I never get my mail unless I have time right then to sort, shred, and pay the bills.  I hate piles of paper in my kitchen and office.
15. I love my parents for the sacrifices they have made for me.
16. I love holding my baby when he is asleep. I love singing and dancing with him when he is awake.
17. I am a great cook.
18. Once two men asked me to marry them on the same day. I didn't marry either one of them. I married someone better for me.
19. I love my grandparents and value their wisdom.
20. I like to run outside, not on treadmills.
21. I always have my toenails and fingernails painted.
22. I haven't missed a day of reading scriptures in over ten years. Some days it has only been a verse. It has brought power into my life.
23. I am a fabulous bargain shopper. I rarely purchase clothing that isn't at least 50% off. Pants are an exception, because I have very long legs and they are difficult to find.
24. My favorite spice to cook with is cumin.
25. I always add a little salt to sweet things I cook, and a little sugar to salty things.
26. I have a deep abiding love for coconut anything.
27. I like to hike.
28. I like to water ski, even though I'm not very good at it.
29. I am good at throwing a frisbee.
30. I am very frugal with money. I hope I always am even if I don't have to be.
31. I want to build wells in Africa and schools in the South Pacific.
32. I think we should institute much harsher punishments for criminals in this country. I think Singapore has something going.
33. I want to visit Inverness, Scotland one day. My dad served a mission there.
34. I love to go on cruises.
35. Being a teacher was a hard job that I loved. Being a mom is a harder job that I love more.
36. I enjoy working hard.
37. I like to sing in bathrooms.
38. My dad died when I was a little girl, and it still makes me sad sometimes. Sometimes it makes me feel grateful.
39. I am a great sleeper. I love my bed. If I don't get 8 hours a night, watch out.
40. I laugh loudly.
41. I am allergic to animals.
42. I am too outspoken.
43. I don't let people treat me poorly.
44. If I could live anywhere I wanted, and still be close to my family, I would live by a beach.
45. The ocean relaxes me.
46. I am the opposite of a pack rat.
47. I have a hard time ordering in restaurants.
48. I have a hard time spelling restaurant.
49. I dislike the portrayal of women in pop culture.
50. No dessert is ever too rich for me.
51. I love Harry Potter, and I think J.K. Rowling deserves to be richer than to queen, because she has made so many little kids love to read.
52. I am not afraid of public speaking. I like it.
53. I love eating tropical fruit.
54. I wear sunscreen every day. I want to have beautiful skin when I'm 60 more than I want a tan when I'm 25.
55. I like delayed gratification.
56. My husband was the first boy who took me on a date. It was on my 16th birthday.
57. I am a donor.
58. I graduated from college in 3 years. I walked in the graduation ceremony at 20.
59. I love LDS General Conference.
60. I don't like mushrooms or zucchini.
61. I also have a hard time spelling zucchini.
62. I like wearing heels even though I am tall.
63. I love summer, spring, and fall, in that order.
64. My least favorite chore is taking out the garbage and vacuuming. I have never taken out the garbage since I have been married. My sweetie always does it for me.
65. I hope all of my children inherit my husband's chin.
66. It is hard for me to ask people for help.
67. I try to serve one person outside my house every day.
68. I like writing letters to companies who provide excellent products and service. I also let them know when I am unhappy with their products and service.
69. I love camping on the beach after Christmas with my family.
70. Sometimes I wish I had gone to Law School.
71. I have very strong teeth.
72. Fifth grade and eleventh grade were my favorite years in school.
73. I love reading historical fiction.
74. I like having a candle burning in my house, but I often forget to light one.
75. I loved my wedding day even though there was a bad snow storm that day.
76. I am very good at teaching math and writing.
77. I love watching fireworks and eating homemade hamburgers with my grandparents on the 24th of July.
78. I am a Scottish Highland dancer, and I performed with a pipe band when I was younger.
79. I think text books are a rip-off, and I didn't buy them my senior year of college. I got A's and B's without them.
80. I've never pierced my ears or any other parts of my body.
81. It doesn't stress me out to cook meals for large groups of people.
82. I always clean my kitchen before I start cooking in it, then I continue to clean as I go.
83. I make my bed every day. My mom doesn't. She thinks making your bed allows all of the critters that live in it to reproduce more quickly. She makes it sometimes and lets it "air out" sometimes.
84. I tell it how it is.  If I am in a situation where I need to candy coat something, I have to think about it ahead of time.  I usually ask my husband for advice.
85. I am very practical.
86. I love fillet mingon cooked medium.
87. I value my independence.
88. I love ziplock bags
89. I buy expensive toilet paper and cheap paper towels.
90. I don't like sad movies.
91. I drink water not soda.
92. I wore braces twice.
93. Snorkeling is a little bit scary to me, but I love seeing coral reefs, so I do it anyway.
94. I love playing games with my husband even though I almost always lose.
95. I appreciate my good girlfriends.  I need them.
96. I used to have an organized purse, but now I am constantly digging through baby stuff to find what I need.   
97. I do not like to snow ski. even though I live in one of the greatest skiing areas in the world.
98. I love tulips and daisies.
99. I like to spend my money making memories with my family.
100. I believe in miracles.

7 comments:

Jo, a retired teacher said...

Yes, I especially agree with #1, 13, and 46. That's a fun idea.

Frazier Family said...

I believe I learned something new from this :) I'm glad you "tagged" me into doing it. Maybe you can learn something about me?

Lilli said...

I love your list! It is very therapeutic don't you think?! Here is what surprised me a little. I didn't know you wanted to go to law school, although I think you should have, you would be killer in court! I am very impressed by your 10 year run at scripture reading, I wish I could say the same about myself! I LOVE your idea to serve at least one person outside your house everyday. I am thankful that on too many of those days that person has been me. I love you!

ls said...

I loved your list and loved that I knew so many of those things about you already. I really like that you don't get stressed to cook for large groups of people because I totally do-- maybe one day you can teach me your tricks (maybe the same day I teach you how to use predictive text on your phone). Over the past two weeks or so I have actually been compiling a list like this about myself and was almost done when the laptop I was using decided to break. But I think I will still be able to find it again once we get the laptop back from the fix-it place. Maybe then I'll post my list on my blog.

Tiffany J said...

LISA!!! How are ya! I love your blog post. It's insightful and honest and so fun to read! I found you on Mark and Emily's blog. So, since I love keeping in touch with fam and friends I'm adding you to mine...come check us out sometime!

Suzy said...

Thanks for the link to your blog. Its good to know what you're up to and I can't believe how big Logan is. Life sure goes fast. Sounds like you are more busy than ever. Keep in touch.

m said...

I thought it was a cool idea, but too much work. I kept thinking about it and ended up writing my own list I blame you for the missed sleep. ;)

Blog Archive