Monday, March 31, 2008

Tub Danger


When I was a toddler I swallowed some of my mom's apple shampoo.  It created bubbles and foam that filled my esophagus and mouth.  I almost suffocated. My parents were panicked and didn't know how to help me breath.  My lips turned blue.  Gratefully my grandma had a feeling she should come visit and arrived just in time to induce vomiting.  Thank heaven! 

So Logan was playing in the tub the other day.  Before I knew it he had the cap off his grape shampoo and it was up to his mouth ready to drink (you can't believe how fast he can get lids off things).  I'm so glad I was right there, because I was able to stop him.   Even with the experience when I was little that my mom has told me about so many times, I didn't think about the shampoo as a hazard I should keep away from him.  The experience was another testimony to me that little ones can't be left alone in the bathroom, and drowning is not the only danger in the tub.

1 comment:

em&m said...

Thank you for this post. I never thought of soap as a danger in that way. Its good to be aware.

Blog Archive