Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A rake or a blow dryer... you choose

While on a morning run last week I happened upon a neighbor of mine who recently moved to our snowy valley from Seattle.  He was raking the snow in his front yard in hopes that it would melt more quickly if he spread it out.  I considered taking a blow dryer to my front yard.  I took 3 weeks of vacation this winter to warm tropical locations.  It was not sufficient to abate my discouragement with the miserable weather I have to face.  The weather has bothered me more this year than any other.  Perhaps it is because I am home now, and I am confined to my house with my one year old when it's too cold to go out.  I love my one year old and my house, however, it is definitely preferable to pass the days at the park, zoo, or swimming pool, as opposed to following my little buddy around the house putting the tupperware back in the cupboards and re-rolling up the toilet paper dozens of times every day.

No comments:

Blog Archive