Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Car Crap

We are now approaching $20,000 out of pocket for car problems and maintenance in the last 18 months.  Have a good laugh at the following.  I have to laugh about it so I don't cry.

10+ tows
2 blown engines (Hyundai and Volvo)
2 totaled cars (newly repaired Hyundai and Rodeo)
1 rear-end accident
2 accidents during 3rd trimester of pregnancy (baby and mama were fine)
1 tire blow out on highway
4+ times stranded on side of the road because something broke and car wouldn't start
new astronomical insurance fees

Just a disclaimer, I was not the cause of any of the accidents although I was in the car for two of them.  I'm ready to move back to Fiji where I can take the bus and walk everywhere I go.  I also try not to dwell on the fact that if we'd been able to invest the $20,000 we've lost at 14% interest (what we are currently getting on real estate notes), and allow it to compound until we are 65, it would be $5,120,000.00.



No comments:

Blog Archive