Thursday, March 27, 2008

I Can't Wait to See this Replay in Heaven

There are a few things I'm looking forward to seeing on Tivo in Heaven.  Sometimes I wish I had a camera crew following me around so I could see the things I miss in my own life.  

Today I took Logan to the Post Office with me to mail two large packages.  How does a mother carry a near 30 lb. one year old, two large packages, and her purse into the Post Office at the same time?  She doesn't.  It is impossible.  As I carted loads inside, I was hoping that Riverton law enforcement didn't show up and see my small child singing to himself in the car between trips and haul me off in cuffs.  Three trips later we were finally standing in line.  While in line, I realized that Logan had disassembled one of the items to be shipped (I foolishly left it sitting next to him in the back seat of the car), and lost one of the pieces.  I searched the car, my purse, and even got down on my hands and knees and crawled around the floor in the Post Office looking for it, all to no avail.  All the while, Logan, unaware of the trouble he had caused happily talked to the people in line, reached for everything he could see that looked appealing to him, and growled at the teddy bear display.  As my turn came up to pay for my packages, I leaned over to pick up something Logan had confiscated from my purse and thrown to the ground.  He smacked his head on the counter (Mommy's fault) and began to wail.  I quickly finished my transaction and returned to the car.  I gave Logan his sippie cup to help him feel better, which he promptly disassembled and poured all over himself.  

Unfortunately for me, the government has little incentive to improve the efficiency of the Postal System (or many other systems for that matter).  I'm hoping that by some miracle they take a page out of Walgreen's book and get a drive thru.

6 comments:

Jo, a retired teacher said...

This made me smile because I could see the entire adventure in my head. I could also hear the love you have for Logan--busy, resourceful, helpful fellow that he is. Enjoy every moment, even the crazy ones.

Frazier Family said...

Nice! I sometimes leave max in the car too...if I get taken away in cuffs you'll have to come get me out!!

Amy said...

Been there, done that. I recently discovered "click and ship" on the post office website--you print your own label and your mailman will pick up the package for you--genius for moms!

Paul said...

Hmmm. Your 1 year old weighs more than our 2 year old. This is why I'm teaching him not to hit people now, before it's too late and he gets beat up in school by the kids one grade below him.

Lilli said...

HA! I don't even need a tivo to see it for the first time, I can just picture it. Unfortunately we have been there too many times!

em&m said...

ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! What else can you do? I'll bet you handled it like a pro.

Blog Archive