Friday, May 30, 2008

Texts

It has been a rough week.

Among other hard things, we had a death in our family.  My sister-in-law was killed in an accident.  She had three little boys.  Her husband is now a single dad.  So many emotions accompany a tragedy like this one, including the sadness I feel for her children.  I lost a parent to cancer when I was 7.  I know the hard road that lies ahead for those sweet boys.  I also know the miracles God allows to children who have angel parents.

I have been overwhelmed by little things like having to check my phone messages.  There are so many of them.  I appreciate text messages right now.  They require less emotional energy to manage.  Sometimes reading is easier than talking or listening when you are sad.  

8 comments:

Tiffany J said...

My heart goes out to your family. I can't imagine the heartache but please know we are thinking of your family and you are all in our prayers.

Jo, a retired teacher said...

Lisa, who? One of Toph's sisters?

I wondered why you hadn't been posting. I'm so sorry.

Brenna said...

Oh Lisa, that is terrible news. I'm so sorry. I'll be thinking about that little family when I say my prayers tonight. So much sadness; although I know there is a purpose for hard things, it still breaks my heart to think of the heartache so many must go through in this life.

Frazier Family said...

I love you Lisa. I know that Heavenly Father puts things in our path for a reason. You will be a strength to that little family. You are such a strong person. You have been an amazing source of strength to me also. Please let me know if I can help you in ANY way. You are in our prayers. Please know how much I love you.

ls said...

Did you get the picture text I sent from John's phone this morning?

I love you Lis. I am feeling tired of hard things, too.

Did you see the comments on my blog about you? A few people added some sweet things about you that I thought you might want to read.

I love you I love you I love you.

I'll call soon. Or text :).

kate said...

love ya, lisa. so so sorry, we will be thinking of you and praying for their family tonight.

Perschon Family said...

Lisa,
I'm so sorry to hear about your sad news!! My heart goes out to you and their little family.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry to hear that Lisa. You guys will be in our prayers. If there is anything we can do please let us know! We are here for you guys! We love you!

Blog Archive