Thursday, April 24, 2008

Beans and Brews is Much Better than Starbucks


Yum, yum, yum! Last night two of my girlfriends and I went out after our little ones went to bed for some hot chocolate and a chat (a wonderful ritual which I highly recommend). We decided to go to Beans and Brews instead of Starbucks. We paid a bit more for our warm steamy beverages, but it was totally worth it. I'm really into flavors in my chocolate. They had about 20 different syrups to choose from (Starbucks only has about 7). A few of the most fantastic were coconut, carmel pecan, toasted marshmallow, almond toffee, and macadamian nut. They also had lots of fruity syrups like passion fruit, boysenberry, and banana which they told us make very tasty italian sodas. I tried macadamian nut. I'm really trying to be cautious about my portions and sweets right now, so I ordered a small, skipped the cream, and had them use skim milk. It was still wonderful. I was still thinking about it when I woke up this morning.

Take a girlfriend out for a relaxing treat. Unless of course my husband is reading this. Then take me.

4 comments:

Soap Blaster said...

I almost brought you one home this morning. I thought you wouldn't want it, after last night. I guess I've learned my lesson.

Momma Fish said...

Hey neighbor. I found you blog through Lilli. Isn't it funny how life is now. Get to know your neighbor by reading about them on the internet!!

Frazier Family said...

I have yet to taste this, but you better be right...I kind of like starbucks.

Brenna said...

Mmmmm, I love Italian Sodas. I always get a melon flavored one. I've never tried syrup in my hot chocolate, but that sounds really yummy.

Blog Archive