Saturday, April 19, 2008

Gratitudes

This list is not comprehensive, nor is it in any particular order.  These are just a few things I have been thankful for recently.  I tag Boo, Lilli, and Liz.

1.  Health  - I suppose God gives us things to suffer through so we appreciate all of the things that are in good working order.  Bodies are a miracle.

2.  A warm safe place to live - We recently invited a neighbor over who grew up in post-World War 2 Eastern Germany.  Among other things, he told us about his father being captured and killed by Stalin's army while traveling home after the war ended, eating grass to survive in a city that was 90% destroyed, and having his country taken over by communist Russia.  

3.  A husband - I'm so glad I'm not raising Logan alone, and that Topher is my best friend.

4.  My mom - She has taught me to be strong, to take care of others, and to take care of myself.

5.  The Office - I need to laugh until I cry once a week.  

6.  Good neighbors - I have the best neighbors.

7.  Mangoes - I just ate one.  They are so good.  Logan likes sucking on the pits.  They remind me of living in Fiji.

8.  College - I learned a lot more than how to become a teacher.  The life lessons I learned were crucial to my success as a wife, mother, and friend.  I'm grateful for the people God placed in my path who taught me to be a better person.

9.  Sunday - I love going to church, and being home with Topher and Logan.  I love turning off the T.V. and radio and having a peaceful day.  I love playing games with Topher while Logan takes his morning nap.

10.  Spring - No explanation necessary.

2 comments:

kate said...

mmm. all good things. we love the office too! i haven't tuned back in since the strike, but i should! we all need a good laugh!

Tiffany J said...

I appreciate the way you convey your thoughts. You truly have a gift with words and expressing yourself. Amen to all your gratitudes!

Blog Archive