Friday, April 25, 2008

Near Death Experience


I have been very disciplined regarding my eating and exercise recently.  Sufficed to say, I had some difficult health problems after Logan was born that prevented me from returning to my normal exercise routine as quickly as I would have liked.  Thanks to a good surgeon, I'm doing much better now.  Although I lost all of the baby weight quite some time ago, I have needed to strengthen my muscles again.  I've been working hard at it.  I have filled my house with nutrient rich foods, and spent 1-2 hours a day exercising.  My good friend Lilli has been very supportive.  She told me the other day she was enjoying an amazing piece of cheesecake, and as good friends do, she wanted to share her experience with me.  She decided not to bring me any.  I appreciated her exercising that control, because I may not have been able to.

Yesterday I spent the day at her house watching her girls.  She was gone.  Necessity required me to get in her pantry several times.  There on the second shelf from the top, right at eye level was a box of Samoa girl scout cookies.  All throughout the day my mouth watered and longed for the cookies.  The toasted coconut, carmel, and chocolate treats were almost too much to resist.  By 3:00 the cravings were so bad that I hid the cookies behind a box of Triscuts so I wouldn't have to see them while rummaging around for animal crackers and goldfish.

I'm proud to announce that I did not succumb.  This morning my weekly weigh in showed another 3 lbs. lost (that is 10 total in five weeks).   The happiness I felt this morning was worth all of the suffering of yesterday.

Lilli, please eat your cookies, feed them to your children, or hide them somewhere in your house before I come over again.  I don't know if I can handle the torture.

2 comments:

Frazier Family said...

I'm such a great sister, I would have eaten them for you :) Wow! I'm impressed! Those cookies are the best! I don't think there is anything that would keep me away from those!

Frazier Family said...

So I looked at this picture of the cookie again (bad mistake) and wanted to lick my computer :)

Blog Archive